Saturday, May 26, 2012

(End of) May Day



This Friday marked our May Day celebration here with the Playgarden children...
Yes, we're a bit late, considering May is nearly over, but we were still excited and ready for this merry day in May!!


Each family brought flowers from home to weave into our braided raffia crowns...
We also strung bells onto pieces of yarn to create simple bracelets and necklaces.










The girls were so excited to wear their most favorite dresses for the occasion:)


Ok, yes that is me wielding a sledgehammer as the children look on in anticipation:)



We carried our Maypole, sledgehammer, and a large wooden stake down to the park together...
What a sight!











What a wonderful day. 
We kept it simple; not too many guests, not too many changes to our usual day together,
but it still ends in a few meltdowns and a very long nap.
So it goes!
Tomorrow is Whitsunday (Pentecost) and I have many preparations to finish for church tomorrow.
Details later:)






3 comments:

  1. What a lovely day! I'm so glad we were able to join you. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love May! I hope you had a lovely day on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Thank you for posting them. I'm sure there will be many fond memories. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read and appreciate all feedback.. Thanks for stopping by!