Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Puppet Theatre!

We are so happy to welcome to newest "addition" to our family...
Photobucket
A handmade puppet theatre!
We had a medium sized wooden coffee table that was not being used in our playroom...
I sat and stared at it one day; hoping to discover what it was "meant to be"...
a few days later I was begging Jay to help me cut wood for it!
Photobucket
Very simple....3 pieces of wood, 45 inches tall, 4 inches wide.
Securely screw 2 of the pieces into the sides of the table..
the remaining piece is screwed across the top, if you wish..
Photobucket
Purchase (or repurpose) a bedsheet or large pieces of fabric from a second hand store to drape..
I was lucky enough to find a nice peach colored fabric scrap...I have observed that this is a color so often found in Waldorf Kindergartens...and I find it so soothing and lovely.
Photobucket
I am excited to start looking for stories to bring to life...
I have a few in mind, but I am looking forward to your suggestions!

17 comments:

  1. Thats lovely! What a good idea and a way to use something that no longer served a purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool. Have you done any training with puppets? I was invited to train with a group - and I am thinking about it. It is a very new area for me -- not sure how I would be at it.

    I have been working on storytelling -- I enjoy that very much.

    I love handy husbands!

    L, N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm thinking about creating some patterns for knitted puppets soon! We should get together. ; )

    Kelly @ Creating a Family Home
    http://www.creatingafamilyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! You're so creative!
    ♥ Barbara ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Rhythm of the Home (Waldorf can be budget was so inspiring!). Looking forward to following you along your journey to becoming a Waldorf teacher. I love the toys you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic! I love putting together a puppet show of The Mitten. We focused on this story last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I'm sure your little one will enjoy many fun plays. My young son enjoys simple nursery rhymes on our feltboard. They would surely work well as a puppet show, especially ones like Jack Be Nimble, As I Was Going to St. Ives, etc. One could make up a short story centered around the poem. I am always finding new things to make and do from you. Now I will put "make a puppet theatre" on my growing to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Rebecca, I went to my youtube favorites to find this for you I know you will love it even if it's in German. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE5d8BMMff0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative! And I just have to say, I love love love your header photo!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your did a good job, Yo had a fun time.
    www.giozi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I am sure your little one will adore puppet time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! How about 'Peter and the Wolf'? Too ambitious?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love it! We do shadow puppets here--much less ambitious, but just as fun: http://mmmmmama.blogspot.com/2009/11/light-and-shadow.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that idea it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You thrifty, smart mama!! Love this. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read and appreciate all feedback.. Thanks for stopping by!