Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine's Garland & general loveliness...

There is something about a garland that makes me smile..
*really* smile...
Maybe it's the swoop of the string..
Photobucket
Fastening it...stepping back...and adding more details..
To replace our pinecone garland in the dining room, I decided to make a Valentine's Day one for an upcoming party we are happily hosting.
Photobucket
Finger knitting a chain from bulky weight yarn...
Several sheets of scrapbooking paper cut into hearts...
some buttons and ribbon...
Photobucket
Dried flowers really make it something special, I think!
Photobucket
This week has been cozy, slow, and filled with snow and ice.
I have been looking forward to an inspirational weekend as we travel to The Waldorf School of Philadelphia for a morning of insight and warmth...
I was also able to glean very good advice from some of the teachers and assistants as to which path to take with my early childhood training this summer. It looks like I will be on my way to completing birth-age 3 this summer at Sophia's Hearth in New Hampshire!
Some photos from our morning for your enjoyment...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After lunch with a group of friends (and some very tired toddlers), I found the most beautiful tree branch sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. I kind of walked around it; thinking of how I'm loving the idea of an Easter "tree" to decorate...hanging blown eggs, bird's nests, planting grass in shallow dishes at the base and watching it grow as springtime approaches...
Photobucket
...yes, I loved the company for the long ride home:)
You'll be seeing our new friend in future posts, for sure!
Walk in Peace:)

12 comments:

  1. There really is something about garlands, isn't there? Fab idea with the dried flowers! And the Waldorf School photos - *such* a beautiful environment to grow in! As is your home, I might add.

    Blessings and light...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia's Hearth is such a lovely place! I lived with my grandparents about ten minutes from there during (homeschooled) high school.

    how long will you be in the area?

    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the tree idea. Your garland is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity and natural beauty of your valentine's project. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garland makes me happy too. Cami and I started working on some this past week. Just working on it with her made me happy. :-) Oh, I love the waldorf rooms. I visited the waldorf school here, for a fair during the fall. I got the kids tiny dolls and treats. Noah was fascinated by the lady spinning wool. I'm excited for you all and your education endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures! Our windows are full of transparent stars and snowflakes as well! i love making mobiles, and garlands too! We've been making lots of things from colored ice this week. Too fun! i love the needle felted birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those branches, garland, and dried flowers! You have just given me some great inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. The garland is so pretty! Great find on the tree branch. That will be fun to decorate.
    That's wonderful news, that you know where you'll be doing your teacher training.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed looking at the pictures. They are very inspiring and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are truely insprirational! Your blog is super to read and I am soaking up your journey!!!!
    Where do you get your felting supplies from?
    and items for your nature table?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read and appreciate all feedback.. Thanks for stopping by!