Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am thankful for...second hand waldorf!!

As much as I wish to eschew most technology....dear friends, let's admit right now that the internet can be an amazing resource....especially online communities dedicated to friendship and support!
Photobucket
Kimberton Waldorf School
In my quest for all things Waldorf and thrifty, I was thankful to stumble upon Waldorf Curriculum Supplies, a yahoo group intended for Waldorf homeschooling parents on a budget to buy, sell or swap needed curriculum and supplies. Perhaps some of you have already discovered this group...isn't it grand?
Photobucket
RV Waldorf School
I joined the group and started receiving daily "digest" emails listing supplies other parents were selling, swapping, or searching for...items range from wool unders, to curriculum books, to handmade puppets. Items are priced fairly, in my opinion.
Photobucket
Kimberton Waldorf School
Last week, I started an "in search of" thread, listing a few Waldorf early childhood books I have been anxious to read, noting that we are on a tight budget. That night, I had multiple emails graciously offering the books at shipping only cost. I paid $7 for shipping, and received 4 books! What a smile on my face!
“Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” — The Hausa of Nigeria

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a tremendous resource! And I just wanna say, I love the gentleness and joy in your blog. It comes through in your words and photos. Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am off to have a look, thanks for sharing. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! Can't wait to see them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is a wonderful group. I use it all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! It is true the saying about thankfulness. Wonderful resource, thanks for sharing it! I am in awe of the support and care I have found in these online communities-definitely something to be grateful for also. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we have bought many things from this group as well as traded!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a wonderful group, I must have a look at it. Your photos are lovely, and I just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful links that you share.

    Have a wonderful weekend filled with Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this group! i have found many treasures there. many of the books i love i am able to share with my children because of the great deals i have gotten from other mamas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so great! I am in the place now where I'm slowly giving away many of the books and toys that my kids have outgrown. Sometimes it's hard to let those things go, but it always feels good to send them to a home where they'll be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm visiting from Magic Onions.
    That sounds like a wonderful resource, I'm sure you'll be using it a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! I didn't know about this group- I'll be checking it out! Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh brilliant! I have been looking and looking for a 2nd hand Steiner resource! Love your photographs and especially the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so cool! I've got to look into that. I love when communities come together like that!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these little teapots, plates & spoons in your pic! So beautiful!

    Your little boy is beautiful! Aren't little boys a joy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad you found me, as now I can visit you too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awwww I love the Waldorf community! I am so thankful for finding Waldorf! ...and your blog! Your home is looking so warm and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must definitely take a look. I spend a fortune on books so it's wonderful to get the link and we get to save trees by buying 2nd hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, second hand would be right up my alley!

    How come you have 3 wooden teapots when I'm desperately looking for 1????

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read and appreciate all feedback.. Thanks for stopping by!