Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Oldies" are "Goodies"


I can't remember the last time I heard a good song on the radio. Or a song that didn't sample a catchy and familiar tune from the past. Voices have been taken over by technology...sometimes I have to ask myself, "is this really a person singing?" I search for songs with meaningful and inspirational lyrics, only to come back empty-handed. Until this past weekend...
While working on some crafts, I flipped to the "solid gold oldies" music channel on our television. Needless to say, I haven't picked up the remote since and songs have been stuck in my head for days! I'm refreshed by this music; the simplicity, the honesty, the pure sweetness. I imagine myself back forty years ago...in an ice cream shop, listening to a juke box... dancing with a crush at a school dance...writing letters to boyfriends. I wonder, when did "oldies" become "oldies"?? Just this past weekend, I heard a Smashmouth song on the classic rock station...are we really almost thirty??
There's something so charming about the forties and fifties...the hairstyles, the clothing, the demeanor...don't you think?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. My DH bought me Sirus radio years ago and I use it almost everyday Channel 4 is 40s, 5 50s, 60s and so on up to channel 9.Its a great resouce for all types of music.
    I just feel the old music is much happier and heartfelt. I love singing old songs with my LO.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read and appreciate all feedback.. Thanks for stopping by!